Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hot Hot Heat


Tennessee is burning.

No, for real, it's like 104 F every day here. Heat indexes even higher. No rain. I can honestly say I will be glad if this is my last summer here. Pacific Northwest, here I come!

But in all honesty, it has forced me to get creative. I've gone miles in my novel, plot-wise. I've watched things that I never had time to watch during the school year, like The Fantastic Mr. Fox and Up in the Air (both INCREDIBLE). And I've made time to workout, because if I'm already sweating when I wake up, why not sweat some more?

The only exercise that I've discovered I really hate doing in the heat is yoga. It's just slippery and sticky and all sorts of disgusting. Usually, yoga is much more pleasant; warming, even. But no one wants to be warmer right now, unless perhaps you live in the southern hemisphere. Lucky Aussies.

Update: Just rained! Hallelujah!

Photo from Mace2000

No comments:

Post a Comment