Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Blogger Beginnings


It seems that every time I intend to write a blog, the same thing happens.

Step One: See someone else's blog and it looks soooo pretty and fun, so hey, why not make one of my own?

Step Two: Spend unnecessary hours making the blog, afraid that the name of the blog will sound stupid, or that I won't think of the write first post.

Step Three: Write a post or three and think, hey, I'm getting good at this.

Step Four: Abandon blog for months, forget that it every existed.

Step Five: Even more months later, get into an anti-technology mode and delete everything.

So why make another one now? Good question. I think it will be helpful, for a few reasons. For one, I don't like to bother people on Facebook with my ramblings and poetry, or my cover songs or any other nonsense. When other people post their nuanced ideas and record themselves doing this or that and post it for everyone to see, I usually find it annoying, unless it's a good friend. I would block the annoyances, but it feels mean and unnecessary when I could just post it here.

Also, I have travelled frequently in
recent years and plan to do more. As is the trend, I figured I might write about my travels here for family and friends to read about. Post pictures, thoughts, ideas, recipies, websites, anything.

I'll bother the people that want to be bothered.


No comments:

Post a Comment